Learn to make modules

Learn to make modules

Postby john3voltas » 05 Jan 2015, 11:26

Hi there.
Hope Farvoice and Pokrass also notice this post :D.
I've been away for a bit of time now because I bought an Android TV box (AMLogic AML8726-M6) which works nicely with XBMC.
But my HDP-R1 has been serving me well too.
I have also been looking at some XBMC addons which are basically URL solvers to some websites.
I would like to know if it is very difficult to create a module for AMP that can grab some URL's from a site and then list them on the screen.
For instance, site xyz has links for 10 videos of any given sport that we may like. Let's say football.
All I want is to learn on how to make a module that goes through xyz's website, grabs the links, and then shows a list with all those links so that I can easily watch my old football games.
Do I need to learn regex? I've already started. I am still very nooby but I can already play a bit with regex.
What else do I need to learn?
Are there any examples on how to do this?
Thanks in advance :)
Cheers
ASUS O!Play HDP-R1 (Bootcode 23)
AMP r10 (iconBIT skin)
IPTVList 1.5.0 by Hax
john3voltas

Re: Learn to make modules

Postby Pokrass » 05 Jan 2015, 11:52

You must learn rss (and php will be good too).
To make module for your site you must open page in player, parse it take results and show it on screen. So you must create design of your module too.
It's will be easier if you install any module (for example Yify.tv, Fex, Youtube, etc.), read it's code and make your module based on it (so you'll don't need to create design and you'll have template)

Maybe it's will be easier for you (if you know php) install Tv-on-top or GlavTV and make your service for it using any it's service as a sample. Manual for it is very old and in russian only so better is use any service as a sample.

To make module package read viewtopic.php?f=16&t=263#p21158
IconBIT HDS7L Fw: AMP_r12 GUI: VRT
iNeXT HD1 W Fw: X3D_Series_V4.0.2b160406
Pokrass

Location: Плюк. Планета № 215 в Тентуре галактики "Кин-дза-дза" в Спирали.

Return to About moServices