another n00b question

another n00b question

Postby Phr3d » 05 Mar 2011, 06:07

I did search for pandora, but got no results.

I apologize if this has an obvious solution, but when I choose on-line media, opera, then pandora, a blank screen with pandora loads (says "Plug-in content" under the title), but nothing happens. I have waited 2 minutes, and also I believe I have pressed every available button, and most times I must press a wrong one, as the player reboots.
EDIT: The player reboots after x minutes if I don't press anything, sounds like a bug?

I have an account, so I thought that I would press the screen keyboard key (zoom) to enter my log-in, but nothing comes up.

If I have to edit something, please send step-by-step instructions, as I have not been able to successfully remove the X-Rated stuff yet (I cannot drag-and-drop the file to the desktop, I only get a URL link).
EDIT: I was able to FTP to O!Play using Total Commander (aka Windows Commander, ghisler.com) and edit the script in that way - very easy)

much thanks for fixing my MKV-header and LPCM/RAW audio issues with your firmware!
EDIT: unfortunately, with the DVD-rip playback of my several hundred movies in /VIDEO_TS/xx.VOB instead of the apparently now preferred ISO, I won't be able to use this due to the 5+ second pauses between each .VOB file, even when choosing play on the .IFO file. Chapters are hit and miss as to whether they will happen, and two-four second pauses before a pause key is acted upon, and finally, subtitles do not function at all (although forced subtitles do work - ???)
So thank you for the effort, but after hours of reading and making sure that I did everything right, I came out with FTP, which is nice, MKV compressed headers readable, no more manual switching from Raw to LPCM so I could hear my MP3's, and some You-Boob, and a couple internet radio stations -- but lost basic functionality that I cannot do without - converting all of my DVDs Again is just too dreadful to contemplate. iTunes files don't play, for what that's worth, though they didn't play in 1.27N firmware either.
Phr3d

Return to About Asus O!Play