HDP-R1 bricked?

HDP-R1 bricked?

Postby macmelon » 04 Jan 2013, 02:02

I have a new HDP-R1/3A and I wanted to use the new AMP R9, now it is'nt usable at all. Here are the events (maybe some detail is not important, but I can not know):

Original firmware from the factory was 1.40P, and bootup 23.

I tried to intall the R9 from the menu, but it said This image is not for this board. So i tried the reset button method. It wrote Preparing for update. It takes a few seconds. but forever. If I removed the USB flash drive the original firmware booted without issue. I have tried many things, like other flash drive, FAT or FAT32 formatted, various R9 and R8 too, removed LAN cable, different timing of reset button release or power cable. All was without any success. (But the 1.40P still worked.)

I tried if I can upgrade to 1.41P, and it was succesfull from the menu.

After reading this forum, and some others, and googled fruitlessly, an other user of R1 told me that he use always the soft reset method (the one with echo ” ” | dd of=/dev/mtdblock/0 bs=2048 seek=8192) so I tried that. The situation is the same: Preparing for update. It takes a few seconds. forever. But now, can not boot to the factory firmware. It will end up writing Preparing for.... I have tried with an older factory fw, and with a 3rd USB Flash drive, and many combination of reset button/power, but nothing, just the Preparing...

The LEDs: Red and Blue light constantly, but the LED of the Flash Disk is dark now, always.

Any kind of help or idea would be very nice for me now. Thanks (a lot)!
HDP-R1/3A
v1.41P or ?
macmelon

Re: HDP-R1 bricked?

Postby FarVoice » 04 Jan 2013, 03:39

try to flash player via sata drive
ASUS O!Play R1 (amp_r12_vrtn), xTreamer Pro (amp_r12_vrt), xTreamer Prodigy (iNeXT 2.14 r2), IconBIT HDR12L (amp_r12_vrt), 3Q F425HW (xds42gl_7725_r3), MyGica A11 (mygica_m3_20121222)
FarVoice
Администратор

Re: HDP-R1 bricked?

Postby macmelon » 21 Feb 2013, 03:39

Thanks for the idea!
It was a long time to get an ESATA HDD, and cable (it is quite rare), but I could get it today. But it is totally the same :(

Any further idea? Thanks in advance.
HDP-R1/3A
v1.41P or ?
macmelon

Return to About Asus O!Play