MP3 Issues on O!Play, any fix by modded software?

MP3 Issues on O!Play, any fix by modded software?

Postby scotty » 14 Nov 2010, 18:18

Hello community,

as a new member of the forum I might not be familiar with all threads posted here, but as I've not found any hint to my questions regarding some bugs in the firmware of O!Play Air I'd like to post them here to see if I get some new ideas (I know you guys are trying some really interesting things).

I'm on the latest firmware 121 and I've checked almost all past 121 firmwares before, they all show up the same bugs:

1. MP3s: If played, always the first 1.5 secs of the beginning of the file are not played. This is totally annoying when you have a playlist of multiple titels and each one is started with the first 1.5 secs missing. Party killer number one.
I suppose it's the DvdPlayer software that does it, as movies show the same effect, but there, it's not that disturbing. Any alternative software? As the telnet/tftp access allows us to substitude single executables instead of replacing the full firmware I'd like to go this way first.

2. Some JPEGs don't show up. I don't think they're too large (1 to 1.5 MB), it must be the format. So, pics from my Nikon are displayed correctly, those from my Kodak are not. Any idea here?

If there is an alternate software, is that available as single executable? That would be great.

Thanks for now in advance.

Cheers,
Scotty
scotty

Return to About Asus O!Play