New line of FW - AMP (r13)

Re: New line of FW - AMP (r5)

Postby momp945 » 16 Oct 2011, 23:04

FarVoice wrote:At my R1 I was unable to repeat this. Key zoom works fine, at least for avi and mkv

Thanks for testing. I think I figured out why my R1 was rebooting when pressing the "zoom in" button. Maybe this information will help you:

After loading the firmware, the video defaults to "NTSC" and the picture is a bit weird. I can change to 1080p/60Hz (or auto detect) in the setup menu and the picture is fixed. However, the "screen size" option still has a problem. By default the screen size (red bars) is a tiny dot in the exact middle of the screen. In other words, the red bars (screen size) is much too small (just 1 or maybe zero pixels). If I leave this at its default, pressing "zoom in" reboots the R1. But if I go to the screen size menu and use the arrow keys to expand the screen size so it is correct, then when I use the "zoom in" button the function works correctly. Note: it takes me several minutes of holding the arrow keys for the screen size to expand fully.

Hopefully that makes sense :)

If possible, the firmware should not default to such a small "screen size" (maybe just 1 or zero pixels). The older 5440 firmware defaulted to approximately correct screen size (very minor adjustment still needed).
ASUS O!Play R1 (amp_r12_vrt)
Thanks to the developers!
momp945

Postby momp945 » 16 Oct 2011, 23:06

tushi wrote:Can you please confirm that this image has a Stretch option when you zoom as the original image???? thank you.

Now my "zoom in" button is working. I can confirm that this image has a "stretch" option :)
momp945

Postby elmer » 17 Oct 2011, 00:25

Thanks for the new amp_r5_pohd firmware! My HDP-R3 is working better than ever before. :D

I previously tried the old POHD73100_2115_r5, the new PlayON HD Firmware V7.4.4.r5440, and HD2_11206_r51 with POHD skin and they all had troubles of one kind or another.

This new firmware even fixes the random black-screen picture drop outs in the player's menu that I was seeing on my Sharp Aquos LCD TV.

I reset the HDP-R3 to factory defaults after installing amp_r5_pohd, and I also installed the moServices RAM Swap module.
ASUS O!Play HDP-R3 (amp_r7_pohd)
elmer

Postby Jarre » 17 Oct 2011, 21:35

can we get the HDPLAY!ON "slow" button emulated in irfake, to use thumbgen..?? moviesheets only will be shown when you press the "slow" button
Jarre

Postby peperol2 » 17 Oct 2011, 21:54

heinz wrote:Moviesheet goes in same folder as movie? Separate Folder for each movie?

Goes into each folder. I is generated by the thumbgen, see the link http://www.acryan.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 11&t=14167, http://www.acryan.com/forums/viewtopic. ... &start=540
Asus O!play R3 (amp_r7 with POHD5440 skin), router TP-LINK model TL-WR1043ND, NAS ubuntu
peperol2

Postby peperol2 » 17 Oct 2011, 22:10

Jarre wrote:can we get the HDPLAY!ON "slow" button emulated in irfake, to use thumbgen..?? moviesheets only will be shown when you press the "slow" button

The following link explains: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=179&hilit=irfake.conf. It's just a line change.
Check in the irfake.conf settings (via web interface http:// <ip player>) the line containing the SLOW command code (the code of the third field) and copy it into a command that does not use much. In my case I change the code that corresponds to the command REPEAT.
Asus O!play R3 (amp_r7 with POHD5440 skin), router TP-LINK model TL-WR1043ND, NAS ubuntu
peperol2

Postby momp945 » 17 Oct 2011, 22:49

Jarre wrote:can we get the HDPLAY!ON "slow" button emulated in irfake, to use thumbgen..?? moviesheets only will be shown when you press the "slow" button

The OPlay remote simply doesn't have enough buttons for all the functions of the player now!

You can modify IRFake so that the Oplay remote has a slow button though. If you want to do it yourself use moservices. Click on IRFake and select settings. Then read here:

http://code.google.com/p/irfake/source/ ... readme.txt

Here is an example that you can use. Comment out the zoom function (by adding "#" in front of the line) and then paste a new line below that changes the zoom button to the slow button:

Code: Select all
#"0","bd42686c","bb449f00",   ZOOM
"0","bd42686c","b24d9f00",   ZOOM -> SLOW

Of course, this means you no longer have a zoom button. If you really need your zoom button, choose another button that you don't mind losing. Or, spend $30+ for a Harmony remote control and program it for the PlayOn!HD remote.
momp945

Postby Jarre » 17 Oct 2011, 23:08

momp945 wrote:

The OPlay remote simply doesn't have enough buttons for all the functions of the player now!

You can modify IRFake so that the Oplay remote has a slow button though. If you want to do it yourself use moservices. Click on IRFake and select settings. Then read here:

http://code.google.com/p/irfake/source/ ... readme.txt

Here is an example that you can use. Comment out the zoom function (by adding "#" in front of the line) and then paste a new line below that changes the zoom button to the slow button:

Code: Select all
#"0","bd42686c","bb449f00",   ZOOM
"0","bd42686c","b24d9f00",   ZOOM -> SLOW

Of course, this means you no longer have a zoom button. If you really need your zoom button, choose another button that you don't mind losing. Or, spend $30+ for a Harmony remote control and program it for the PlayOn!HD remote.

would like to use the sound OFF buttun, thats the one i never use...can you make me a example for that..??
Jarre

Postby FarVoice » 17 Oct 2011, 23:11

to Jarre

"0","ae51686c","b24d9f00", MUTE -> SLOW
ASUS O!Play R1 (amp_r12_vrtn), xTreamer Pro (amp_r12_vrt), xTreamer Prodigy (iNeXT 2.14 r2), IconBIT HDR12L (amp_r12_vrt), 3Q F425HW (xds42gl_7725_r3), MyGica A11 (mygica_m3_20121222)
FarVoice
Администратор

Postby ciscoholic » 18 Oct 2011, 07:19

Loaded pohd version to my R1 and it works great. Thanks for making this happen. It really transform my o!play to a new level.
I'm new to this GUI and would like to figure out a few things here:

1. Does this firmware supports unicode fonts? Tried browsing folder names with traditional Chinese, and the Chinese characters are showing as blank. If unicode font is not included, is there a way to add one myself?
2. I mistakenly added duplicated shortcuts of network shared folders. Now when I choose any of the shortcuts, the unit reboots. How do I removed shortcuts with o!play remote? Or maybe I need to remove them in command line?
3. How do I link network shared folders to Movies/Pictures/Music? Do I have to do it from command line as well?

TIA.
ciscoholic

PreviousNext

Return to About Asus O!Play