r8 issues

r8 issues

Postby ARMITAGEIII » 26 Aug 2012, 18:22

hey im using r8 with iptv usb optical dvd drive(LG Super Multi Drive GP40) and usb dongle (wifi D-link DWA 131 150mbps) and western digital caviar green EARS20 2 tb.Everything go without problems ,but after a reinstall because i broken something with moservices on drive thing , the unit have several issues

1 when dvd drive is pluged the unit DONT power off (it go black screen but keep on)
2 wifi sometimes desconect itself (when i go to menu wireless says disconected i enter ,enable my wifi net again ,but after 1-5 mins it disconect again)
3 i use a 1gb sd car for swap and moservices partition(512 moservices,the rest for swap) ,sometimes when access to webinterface it says "simple html+cgi example" instead the moservices web
4 the iptv ,webradio sistem from pyros1000 dont show (the web resources show the basic firmware ones from wazoo or whatever)
5 when power on from standby the unit does a little reset .i mean it goes to power on but reboot and power on ok(this happen since install r8)

i use the reset button and plug AC metod to flash amp R8 (hd2 skin)

maybe i can solver everything installing original firm and flashing again moservices?

thx in advanced
(my unit is asus oplay hd2)

Pd: i improved the cooling system to dont get the IO ERROR ,but with the unit cold it shown (rarely but does)the only fix i know is unplug the ac adapter from wall ,and conect it again . if you want some photos i cand send it if someone want the units reday for weeks of using transmission :D
asus oplay hd2
amp r8 hd2 skin
Dvd drive
usb wifi
2 tb hdd
improved cooling system
ARMITAGEIII

Re: r8 issues

Postby ARMITAGEIII » 27 Aug 2012, 15:39

any help plz?
asus oplay hd2
amp r8 hd2 skin
Dvd drive
usb wifi
2 tb hdd
improved cooling system
ARMITAGEIII

Postby Virtual » 27 Aug 2012, 16:42

ARMITAGEIII wrote:...
2 wifi sometimes desconect itself (when i go to menu wireless says disconected i enter ,enable my wifi net again ,but after 1-5 mins it disconect again)
3 i use a 1gb sd car for swap and moservices partition(512 moservices,the rest for swap) ,sometimes when access to webinterface it says "simple html+cgi example" instead the moservices web
(my unit is asus oplay hd2)

Pd: i improved the cooling system to dont get the IO ERROR ,but with the unit cold it shown (rarely but does)the only fix i know is unplug the ac adapter from wall ,and conect it again . if you want some photos i cand send it if someone want the units reday for weeks of using transmission :D

2. Problem with a power (5в)
3. swap on SD_CARD it is very bad
IO ERROR - problem with a power , and(OR) it is probable, SATA by a cable

In HD2 these problems is 100%
марсы: HDS7 (смотрелка AMP скин vrt )
HDR12 AMP (обычно сервер с RAM 256 и 2 SATA диска 2T+)//но очень иногда оцифровка видео
XTR PRO(AMP, HTTP(S) NFS SMB FTP сервер +trans2.90 + 2 SATA диска 2T+
сатурны: XTR Prodigy, R6S(512Mb_NAND), HD900A(_MD*) прошивка
Virtual

Postby ARMITAGEIII » 27 Aug 2012, 21:21

wifi problem is not from power 5v cause before reflasing it works for WEEKS with transmission (and dvd drive goes to usb too and have 0 problems)
io error is supposed to be from heat or ¿power? , cable sata and power sata are ok (i tested em) but that dont bother me(mean the io error it only happend 3 times)
about swap ,is 100% recomended? i put 512 of swap but the unit only manage 16mb +-

maybe random errors can be from power source 12v *3,6 amps if cpu goes to 90% +- from overload. If i test it ill try 12v 5 amp power source

and about usb i tried the wifi dongle in each of 3 ports in all port do the same error but keep lightinin in blue (operational) the wifi problem is disconection not the dongle itself
and the wifi router is cisco X3000
asus oplay hd2
amp r8 hd2 skin
Dvd drive
usb wifi
2 tb hdd
improved cooling system
ARMITAGEIII

Return to About moServices