Looking for a Better stream client

Re: Looking for a Better stream client

Postby john3voltas » 01 Jan 2014, 18:25

wolvier wrote:Watching movie on PS3 - our Asus with Mediatomb is a stream client.

No, if you're watching the movie on your PS3 instead of on the Asus media player (why you'd do that is a mystery to me) makes the PS3 the stream client and the Asus/Mediatomb the stream server.
I only use the Asus as a stream client and by such unfortunately I can't help you with your question.
Maybe someone else will chime in and give you a hand. But unfortunately I wouldn't count on it... :roll:
Cheers

PS: plus, it is a very bad idea to use the Asus to transcode on-the-fly. It's got a very slow CPU (400MHz IIRC), makes no sense. That's a job for at least an x86 @1GHz.
ASUS O!Play HDP-R1 (Bootcode 23)
AMP r10 (iconBIT skin)
IPTVList 1.5.0 by Hax
john3voltas

Postby wolvier » 01 Jan 2014, 19:30

You're right.
Because i want to use only PS3 for everything - and use for transcoding only Asus with Moservices - for avi or mp4 it's ok and working without problems....
I don't want to use external computer ....
I need to modify mediatomb script config.xml but there aren't lot people that uses mediatomb with our player and moservice.... :(
wolvier

Postby john3voltas » 02 Jan 2014, 00:00

Well, I am not saying it is impossible. I'm just saying that it must be very hard for such a low end CPU on the Asus to make a good job at transcoding.
Wait, I just re-read your last message on the 1st page. Do you mean that you have tried Mediatomb on a Linux PC transcoding to your PS3 and the subs worked? If so, do you mean that the subs work when transcoding from a PC but not when transcoding from Asus media player?
If so, maybe you should check if both Mediatomb are at the same version. If they are, you should ask AMP developer Farvoice to take a look at it. Maybe it is "fixable".
ASUS O!Play HDP-R1 (Bootcode 23)
AMP r10 (iconBIT skin)
IPTVList 1.5.0 by Hax
john3voltas

Postby wolvier » 04 Jan 2014, 16:55

Scirpts from other page linux on pc uses to transcoding VLC + mencoder srt and this works, i try ask Farvoice
wolvier

Postby red_scorpion133 » 31 Mar 2014, 16:27

i think the problem is that my external HDD is an NTFS !
automatik mode in media tomb is in ntfs disabled because no write rights !

ext3 is better i think
red_scorpion133

Previous

Return to About moServices