Beta from HD2 - for englishmen

Beta from HD2 - for englishmen

Postby FarVoice » 17 Oct 2010, 15:56

Hi people!

In the Internet leaked beta of O!Play HD2 (very thanks Jarre from http://vip.asus.com)
I sawed it up a bit - like a start. Testing. Firmware is NTSC! But this should not scare these experimenters:)

Original FW from Jarre http://www.farvoice.cover.com.ua/files/oplay-beta.rar
My FW adopted to R1/R3 http://www.farvoice.cover.com.ua/files/ ... .10.03.rar

In players with bootcode 18 and later should run the original firmware from Jarre. On earlier bootcodes - my FW.

Little about the firmware:
Author: dadashi Posted: 10/17/2010 6:36:00 PM
Спасибо what would we do without google :)

You mentioned you repacked it and it works, is that from the link above?

about fw see above.
Can I use the image on my Air? Do all the buttons on the control work?

Remote from HD2 has more buttons :( But the others coincide with our RC
Can I go back to original firmware from the HD2-beta?

Go back... Hard nut :) If you have bootcode 18 - nо problem. But other you must be willing to reflash to a serial cable. Well, or wait for the original firmware from Asus. Or hope that we will hack butcode. (see UPD below)
Before I flash the HD2-beta do I have to revert back to an older original FW or can I flash direct from DELL's moded
FW?

Before (if no reset reflash) you must reflash to R1_121/R1_109 and later flash Beta.
What's working? NAS, Opera, Youtube, FTP, Bittorrent, etc..?

Working: NAS (one of Samba, FTP, iTunes server, Bittorrent at the same time ), YouTube (working! many errors in display messages, but work), Opera!, Radios and Tvs, Weather.

On Opera works USB mouse and (may be) USB keyboard

I posted some screenshots of new player interface. See http://farvoice.net78.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=64

UPD: How to back on standard FW without Reset (for players with less than 18 bootcode):

1. Write to flash drive install.img from FW R1_121/R3_109
2. Drag flash to player
3. Enter in player by telnet and enter follow commands:
Code: Select all
stopall
echo /mnt/usbmounts/sda1/install.img > /tmp/installing_source
echo install >> /tmp/installing_source
kill -6 1

That's all. You have pure player now :) Then you can to flash the latest standart FW from Asus.

UPD: How to change Opera standard links of HD2
ASUS O!Play R1 (amp_r12_vrtn), xTreamer Pro (amp_r12_vrt), xTreamer Prodigy (iNeXT 2.14 r2), IconBIT HDR12L (amp_r12_vrt), 3Q F425HW (xds42gl_7725_r3), MyGica A11 (mygica_m3_20121222)
FarVoice
Администратор

Re: Beta from HD2 - for englishmen

Postby ghostrider » 17 Oct 2010, 17:22

i have installed the HD2 modified beta successfully on my H1 1.30P Box.

Tested most of my movie formats no problems in playing , the playback starts much faster than before - also the new software has a cover view (thumbnail) which was good as it automatically should all my covers in the thumbnail view.

I tried the Opera - although only managed to browse the default websites they have added - still not sure how to key in the url to go to your own sites.

Overall the software runs a bit slow - should be due to the lower specs of the H1.

Yes - and the NAS function doesnt work in the main menu for me. Nothing happens and the just hangs the system.

Same as before you ca ntelnet in - no root password.
Asus Oplay R1 using AMP 8

connected with 100 mbps fibre broadband
ghostrider

Postby shah » 17 Oct 2010, 18:58

Hi, How do i check the bootcode of my oplay?
shah

Postby FarVoice » 17 Oct 2010, 19:12

shah wrote:Hi, How do i check the bootcode of my oplay?

On player's main menu press stop them press play and look on screen :)
ASUS O!Play R1 (amp_r12_vrtn), xTreamer Pro (amp_r12_vrt), xTreamer Prodigy (iNeXT 2.14 r2), IconBIT HDR12L (amp_r12_vrt), 3Q F425HW (xds42gl_7725_r3), MyGica A11 (mygica_m3_20121222)
FarVoice
Администратор

Postby dadashi » 17 Oct 2010, 22:28

My boot code is 000.0202.0017
so I better not use the HD2 FW because there is no return to other firmwares. right?
dadashi

Postby Olegin » 17 Oct 2010, 23:12

dadashi wrote:My boot code is 000.0202.0017
so I better not use the HD2 FW because there is no return to other firmwares. right?

Yes, if you don't know how to clear on board flashROM wifh using serial cable.
Asus O!Play R1 (amp, vrt), xTreamer Pro (amp, vrt), Iconbit 7L(amp, vrt), Iconbit 12L(amp, vrt/12l), Iconbit 1003(3Dgui)
Olegin

Postby john » 18 Oct 2010, 19:17

Jarre & FarVoice, thanks for the beta firmware :)

To check your bootcode in the new beta f/w, go to the Setup menu -> System -> Version info & press OK.

I've tried a usb keyboard but it's not recognised. A usb mouse works ok, but only in Opera so far, looking like an old Amiga cursor :D There's some screen graphics corruption sometimes when the mouse button is clicked. A 1 button mouse seems to be all you need :) The cursor needs to be in a field expecting text for a "focus area" which brings up an alphanumeric keyboard when the magnifying glass button is pressed.

Pressing the "music" (quaver) button switches between "normal" & "navigation" mode, but I haven't yet worked out what "normal" does.

I also can't see a way to enter a URL. A search engine default on Opera's front page would help.

Fortunately disc indexing can be turned off as it takes forever.

Plugging in my Realtek wifi dongle is detected as a wifi plugin, although it doesn't recognise a hidden SSID.

A DVD can't be ejected as it can with the previous f/w, as pressing the <- remote button goes to the Devices menu.

I'll post back if anything useful turns up :)

Ok, a bit more info':

If you have an iPhone, go to your "HD2"'s IP address via a browser & you will automagically have a remote control :)

Put the same IP into your desktop or laptop browser & you get a nice management page instead!

For info' on the built in web server (which is a lot faster than the original O!Play's) see:

http://www.acme.com/software/mini_httpd/
john

Postby FarVoice » 19 Oct 2010, 00:11

Thank John for detailed review :)

But still very early firmware and damp. Let's wait for the official release from Asus, and only then take any steps to adding new functionality.
FarVoice
Администратор

Postby Carbonkid » 20 Oct 2010, 01:43

Hi there, i have an HDP-R1 with bootcode 1.28 a FW 1.28P, what firmwire should I install?
Carbonkid

Postby wellu » 20 Oct 2010, 02:43

I'm trying to salvage some useful parts from this beta FW like opera.

Opera seems to be packaged inside DvdPlayer since I cannot find any binaries.

Should the DvdPlayer and RootApp work in o!play air if I just copy them over?

-wellu
wellu

Next

Return to About Asus O!Play