Best options for my HDp-R1

Best options for my HDp-R1

Postby newmodder » 24 Jul 2012, 08:44

Hi,

Just joined the community and would like to get answers to my following queries :

With ref. to :
Asus O!Play HDP R1
Current Firmware - 1.33P

1). What would be the best option for upgrade - a genuine or hacked firmware (and which one) ?
2). I want to use WiFI on this model, what would be the best way to go about this hack and will there be any risk ?

Thanks
Asus O!Play HDP R1
Firmware - 1.33P
newmodder

Re: Best options for my HDp-R1

Postby john3voltas » 24 Jul 2012, 14:55

newmodder wrote:1). What would be the best option for upgrade - a genuine or hacked firmware (and which one) ?

I don't know what you mean by "best". For me the best is the one that helps me to maximize my gainings, the one that looks sleeker, the one that is more advanced and has more options. That's the hacked firmware.
Just upgrade your bootcode (if needed) and go with AMP r8.

newmodder wrote:2). I want to use WiFI on this model, what would be the best way to go about this hack and will there be any risk ?

AMP r8 has support for wifi. You just need to buy one of the compatible usb-to-wifi pen devices.
Just a word of advice, though: wifi is a high latency support, not very well suited for such high demands like streaming video.
If I were you I would always go with the ethernet cable solution ;).
Cheers
ASUS O!Play HDP-R1 (Bootcode 23)
AMP r10 (iconBIT skin)
IPTVList 1.5.0 by Hax
john3voltas

Re: Best options for my HDp-R1

Postby newmodder » 17 Aug 2012, 15:49

Hi,

Finally got my Realtek 8191 wifi dongle working on HDP-R1 using Air firmware. Will see hacking things to AMP R8 soon :)

Thanks for support.

:) :) :) :)
Asus O!Play HDP R1
Firmware - 1.33P
newmodder

Return to About Asus O!Play