Thumbgen for R1/R3 with AMP POHD

Re: Thumbgen for R1/R3 with AMP POHD

Postby hecatomb » 05 Feb 2012, 07:39

My problem was fixed with the amp_r8_pohd update! Great job.
Asus O!Play HDP-R1 (amp_r8_pohd) | DIR-655
hecatomb

Postby bmwbasti » 13 Feb 2012, 19:07

Well, i have done a little "research" as i am a big fan of Lstar's sheets and, since i discovered this page and the AMP firmware, a big fan of the Asus boxes, too ;)
I can't tell for shure what it was like pre AMP_R7 because this was my first AMP. Before i had an WD TV Live Wifi but i don't miss it anymore at all ;)

What i discovered so far for (Asus R3) boxes with the AMP firmware:
For AMP_R7
  • 1)The thumbnail has to be called 0000.jpg and the moviesheet (if you choose to use it) 0001.jpg
  • 2)If the thumbnail is called folder.jpg and you have a moviesheet in the folder (called 0001.jpg) the moviesheet will be displayed as cover. It seems as if (upt to AMP_R7) there will always display the jpg with the "lowest alphabetical order" as folder thumbnail.
  • 3)If you have tv-shows with more seasons and create a "season sheet" it's possible to activate the "sheet-view" by pressing the slow button on the remote and still being able to navigate into the subfolders.

Differences for AMP_R8
  • 1)&2)Thumbnail can now be named to folder.jpg and will be displayed correctly even if another jpg (e.g. moviesheet 0001.jpg) is located in the folder.
  • 3)It's not possible anymore to activate "sheet-view" and navigate through folders. Sadly, i used it very much in AMP_R7 :(
  • I've read something that the sheet has to be named about.jpg but it doesn't work for AMP_R7 or AMP_R8

Kind regards
Basti
ASUS O!Play Air (HDP-R3) with AMP_R8 pohd7317
bmwbasti

Postby momp945 » 13 Feb 2012, 21:30

Hi bmwbasti,

Since AMP_R5 I have used thumbgen using the "ACRyan POHD" preset. This names the thumbnail folder.jpg and the moviesheet 0001.jpg. The thumbnail has always displayed correctly for me. Moving from R5 to R8 has made no difference in this regard.

Also, in R5 I could activate "sheet view" by pressing the slow button and then browse through the moviesheets by pressing the up/down buttons. This has not changed with R8 either - it still works the same as always for me.

So if I understand correctly, I am not having the same problems you seem to be having...so the problem doesn't seem to be in firmware.

And as I said before, you need to update your signature as Farvoice has requested! viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1037
ASUS O!Play R1 (amp_r12_vrt)
Thanks to the developers!
momp945

Postby bmwbasti » 13 Feb 2012, 23:07

Hi momp945,

in my posting above i mentioned that i got an Asus R3, but i put it into the signature now. Sorry for that :(

I think we two don't speak about the same ;)
I don't know if it's only a problem that affects only my firmware, only my box or only my thumbgen version but for me in R7 folder.jpg + 0001.jpg shows the sheet as thumbnail while 0000.jpg+0001.jpg shows correctly the thumbnail.
As is wrote in my previous posting i can only talk about AMP_R7 and R8 on my Asus R3 box. And there (in AMP_R7) the sheet is being displayed as thumb if the thumb is named folder.jpg and the sheet is named 0001.jpg.
But of course it's possible that this was a bug in AMP_R7 or rather in the firmware that AC Ryan released. In AMP_R8 it's working like it should. Folder.jpg as thumb and 0001.jpg as sheet ;)

For the second problem:
No you missunderstood ;)
Switching the sheets ("slow button" and afterwards up/down) works quiet nicely ;)
I have a folder structure like this: xy:\TV-Shows\Series Name\Season xy\Episode Folder\Episode.mkv
And i have for every series i have a thumbnail and a sheet. This sheet tells something like "xyz is an american series of the 80s blablabla...". For shure you know what i mean ;)
In R7 i could switch to sheet view (and got the "blablabla is an blablabla") pressed the "ok" button and so i could navigate into the subfolder. In my example i could look at the season sheet, press ok and it switched to the episode folders.
This doesn't work with R8 anymore. Whend looking at a sheet it's not possible anymore to press ok and change into the subfolder.

Kind regards
Basti
bmwbasti

Postby hecatomb » 15 Feb 2012, 17:55

Thanks for explaining it that way. I can now fully visualize what you're doing with your sheets now. You have folder.jpg images (or 0000.jpg in your case with amp7) that you have for each season, which would navigate great up and down. A simple 'ok' would bring you into that season and let you go up and down through the each episode similiarly. I'm assuming the 'back' or 'previous' button would also bring you back to the season folder.jpg's which could be navigated again. Cool beans.

Hopefully that is fixed for you in the next update, because Amp8 is a lot more stable than the previous, although still not without a few crashes here and there.
Asus O!Play HDP-R1 (amp_r8_pohd) | DIR-655
hecatomb

Postby bmwbasti » 15 Feb 2012, 21:54

Hi hecatomb,

not exactly ;)
I have (for every folder and/or media file) at least two jpgs.
Folder.jpg as thumbnail and a 0001.jpg as "sheet".
In "normal view" just the thumbnails are displayed and that's correctly. Now i can press the "slow" button and the view gets switched from thumbnail to sheet.
And in this sheetview in R7 i could pree "ok" and then i navigated into the episode folders. That's not possible anymore. Pressing "ok" while in sheetview doesn't do anything in R8.
So i have to press "slow" first to get to thumbnail view and then i can navigate into the subfolders.

Kind regards
Basti
bmwbasti

Previous

Return to About Asus O!Play