New line of FW - AMP (r13)

Re: New line of FW - AMP (r5)

Postby momp945 » 18 Oct 2011, 10:37

ciscoholic wrote:Loaded pohd version to my R1 and it works great. Thanks for making this happen. It really transform my o!play to a new level.
I'm new to this GUI and would like to figure out a few things here:

I'm not an expert on this firmware, but I'll try to answer your questions. I can't answer your first question because I don't use Chinese characters.

2. I mistakenly added duplicated shortcuts of network shared folders. Now when I choose any of the shortcuts, the unit reboots. How do I removed shortcuts with o!play remote? Or maybe I need to remove them in command line?

The PlayOn!HD remote has more buttons. One of the buttons is called "select". You need this button to delete the duplicate shortcut. You can temporarily add the "select" button to your Asus remote by modifying moservices IRFake settings.

3. How do I link network shared folders to Movies/Pictures/Music? Do I have to do it from command line as well?

If I understand correctly, the movies/music/photos shortcuts on the home screen are automatically populated by the "auto scan" feature under setup. I think this only works for media located on a USB drive. My media is on a NAS so this feature doesn't work for me. I just use the "shortcuts" from the home menu and add my movie/music/photo folders in there.
ASUS O!Play R1 (amp_r12_vrt)
Thanks to the developers!
momp945

Postby rest » 18 Oct 2011, 13:58

I tried amp r5 fw pohd5440 skin and it looked great but I had problem with my USB Toshiba HDD. Indexing lasts too long and after that I had one movie on so many lines in the file manager. I have 160 movies on that HDD and it showed me 14000 lines in the file manager and first 66 lines was only C: folders. I tried amp r5 with HD2 skin and had no problem with it at all. Any advice?
O!Play R1 FW AMP (r9)
rest

Postby momp945 » 18 Oct 2011, 21:31

rest wrote:I tried amp r5 fw pohd5440 skin and it looked great but I had problem with my USB Toshiba HDD. Indexing lasts too long and after that I had one movie on so many lines in the file manager. I have 160 movies on that HDD and it showed me 14000 lines in the file manager and first 66 lines was only C: folders. I tried amp r5 with HD2 skin and had no problem with it at all. Any advice?

Your USB HDD is being "auto scanned" by the POHD firmware. The results are then supposed to be added to the movies/music/photo shortcuts from the home screen. I've read that this doesn't always work well (or at all). I'd suggest just turning off the "auto scan" feature in the settings menu. Instead, add your own shortcuts. Alternately, use the HD2 firmware. Personally, I prefer the POHD firmware.
ASUS O!Play R1 (amp_r12_vrt)
Thanks to the developers!
momp945

Postby rest » 18 Oct 2011, 22:44

When I installed fw, autoscan was turned off by default. I went to the file manager and found out that movies on HDD was not showed properly. I tried to scan HDD manualy and stop it, but it did not help. It is sad because otherwise it seems like a nice firmware. I hope you guys can fix it soon.
O!Play R1 FW AMP (r9)
rest

Postby peperol2 » 19 Oct 2011, 02:49

rest wrote:When I installed fw, autoscan was turned off by default. I went to the file manager and found out that movies on HDD was not showed properly. I tried to scan HDD manualy and stop it, but it did not help. It is sad because otherwise it seems like a nice firmware. I hope you guys can fix it soon.

Alternatively, as discussed above is to use the "shortcuts", this is explained on the following link http://www.acryan.com/blog/?p=663. So you have fast access to your movies, series, music and more. The only thing is that you have to enable "select key" by irfake. Actually this is a good option.
And if you use thumbgen gives you more information about your movies and series. Check the following links:
Installing thumbgen:
http://www.acryan.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 11&t=14167
Thumbgen Screens:
http://thumbgen.org/index.php?option=co ... &Itemid=61
Asus O!play R3 (amp_r7 with POHD5440 skin), router TP-LINK model TL-WR1043ND, NAS ubuntu
peperol2

Postby rest » 19 Oct 2011, 03:41

Finally I got it !!! The problem was not with indexing BUT with the fact that this fw does not accept czech diacritic (ě,š,č,ř,ž,ů,ň,ť,ď) in the names of folders and files. Instead of folder or file it shows its parents directory! That is why I had 67 lines with C: in the root of C: HDD. It was actually 67 files or directories with wrong names which did not work properly. Same thing was in the subfolders. I renamed my folders and files and everything works fine now. Maybe the tip for next release to solve this problem. Btw many many thanks to all developers as this fw is absolutely gorgeous!
O!Play R1 FW AMP (r9)
rest

Postby Geniek » 19 Oct 2011, 10:22

I've got a problem with powering on my O!Play. I use firmware AMP(r5) with POHD skin. I have Harmony remote to control everything. When my Harmony emulates Asus remote I can power on/off my device. When Asus is powered off the power LED is red. But I wanted to have full POHD remote functionality so I programmed my Harmony to emulate POHD remote. When I turn off Asus device the power LED don't shine - its off and I can't power it on back. I can do it when Harmony emulates Asus remote. How I can have functionality of POHD remote and be able to power on Asus using it?
Geniek

Postby Jarre » 19 Oct 2011, 12:40

Someone explain in detail how to get the movies sheets from thumbgen working on asus with POHD firmware.
whre to put them, ho to browse to them, seperate directories...all that kinda detailed info.
Jarre

Postby buzzbuzz » 19 Oct 2011, 16:51

Strange. I have the same experiment.

I installed pohd5440 on my R1 (boot code 23) and pressing the "zoom" button will reboot every time. I have re-installed the FW but problem remains.

Any pointer?? TIA

momp945 wrote:
tushi wrote:Can you please confirm that this image has a Stretch option when you zoom as the original image???? thank you.

As I stated, when I press the "zoom in" button, the unit reboots.
buzzbuzz

Postby klingon72 » 19 Oct 2011, 17:26

@BUzzbuzz

In menu settings>video>screen size

Simple select screen size, then with remote keep pressing left or right then up or down until the red square (or rectangle) fill the screen, then your problem with the zoom option will be over.
HDP-R1 - AMP_R8, DD-WRT
klingon72

PreviousNext

Return to About Asus O!Play