Samba: No Writing possible

Samba: No Writing possible

Postby schubusch » 15 Sep 2011, 21:59

Hello Guys,

I have just received my brand new Asus o!play Air.
I' having some big trouble with NAS- file sharing over Samba;-( Maybe someone might help me please.

I'm using an Acer Asprire laptop connected to my router and some external drives. My Asus Oplay player is of course also connected to the same router plus has its own external Hard drive plugged in.
I've installed samba/ moservices according to the manual. At first after the setup everything went great, I could copy files from the Laptops USB HDDs to the one belonging to the Oplay player.

After the first standby of the player I could not connect via interface (404 Not Found The requested URL was not found on this server. ). Same problem while trying ftp- connect (...Details: 220 Welcome to Stupid-FTPd server. 531 Anonymous access denied.)

I can still see the oplay + its drive via MS network environment. When directly trying to edit files within the HDD everthing is fine, even deleting.
But when I try to copy something TO the drive connected to the Oplay I get a error message (translated from german): ... not enough space... This HDD is brand new and has definitely more than enough space left.

Ive reinstalled moservices several times , webinterface/ ftp-connect works at first but now, it is not possible to copy anything the the drive any more, not even right after i have reinstalled moservices.

PLEASE hekp me!!!
schubusch

Re: Samba: No Writing possible

Postby wellu » 21 Sep 2011, 15:56

This sounds much like a linux file permission problem to me.

You got read&write permissions to the files, since you can modify them. You don't have write permissions to the directory, since you can't add files.

If you don't care about the security just go in with telnet and execute something like

find /tmp/. -type d -exec chmod 777 {} \;

that means give everybody all permissions to every directory under /tmp

or if that doesn't work just

chmod -R 777 /tmp/*

that gives all permissions to everything under /tmp

-wellu
wellu

Return to About moServices