Some suggestions and questions

Some suggestions and questions

Postby junky » 02 Apr 2013, 01:57

Hello!

Today I reflashed my XtreamerPro OFW 2.7 to amp_r9. I used XMP Mod for Xtreamer but it had issues, like after some while internal flash got (ro), and I needed to reflash fw every time after that.

Changes I did right on:

What I did to make box more suitable (some of tools can just be added to busybox):

* ipkg must be installed by default (did it manually as optware script screws terminal), we need more packages
Maybe "Manage repositories" could add optware repo and honour Packages.gz file. Of course this must be in whole different category as it uses /opt not /usr/local

* installed dropbear (preffer shell to telnet, also sometimes can map SSH to outside for remote access, tunneling, quick SOCKS proxy)
* installed mc
* installed unrar (some music albums downloaded with Transmission is faster to unrar instantly on NAS via shell)
* Changed /usr/local/etc/mos/etc/init/S12samba to create smb.conf file to show share not as windows drive (C:) but normal unixy style partition (sda1) on , as it was in Xtreamer's OFW.

Suggestions:

Would be nice to include iptables, as optware wouldnt work (kernel). I have wifi adapter on my XtreamerPro, so basically I can make WIFI router out of it - (sure its possible to do it with bridge utils), but there are more options with routing and iptables.

Would be nice to symlink folder say www from mounted drives, so user/developer could run his own scripts (zina, jinzora, drupal - they can use sqlite included in php, so no mysql needed then).

Questions:

How can I change hostname of the firmware as /etc/hostname gets rewritten after every reboot?
Poweroff doesnt work - is this fixable?

Other:
I haven't tested GUI yet as I still dont have TV handy, I did reflash by blind. But looking at modules its a quite impressive list. It would be great if Sopcast/AceStream/StreamTorrent could be compiled for mipsel so we cold watch torrent-tv and 1torrent television. Its a long shot, but still - they have loads of channels.

Otherwise its a great FW, so far looks clean and great. Spasiba! :)

junky
junky

Return to About moServices