Wake up hibernate computer at O!Play start

Wake up hibernate computer at O!Play start

Postby mail » 06 Nov 2010, 15:42

Hello,

I have a PC built up for storage with AsRock N68-GS3 UCC motherboard and Windows 7 Professional OS.
The motherboard supports Wake on LAN. I tested it with this http://www.depicus.com/wake-on-lan/wake-on-lan-gui.aspx WoL tool.
I succeeded, but only when the computer is shutdown.
When it is in hibernate I get no reaction.

I tried the 'Wake Up NAS over LAN', but I get no reaction, no matter if the PC is shutdown or hibernate (not even the same as I get with the above WoL tool).

I want to be able to wake up the PC from hibernate when I start the O!Play.

Can you help me to achieve this?

Thank you.
mail

Re: Wake up hibernate computer at O!Play start

Postby mail » 08 Nov 2010, 14:59

I found the reason for not reacting when hibernate, it was ESET Smart Security. It creates a virtual network adapter which is controlling the network interface even in hibernate.
I uninstall it and now the PC is wake on LAN from hibernate by the 'magic packet'.

But I still cannot get this done by O!Play.
On depicus site there is also a tool for monitoring the 'magic packet'.
When I monitor the network I see the 'magic packet' when I use depicus tool, but I see nothing when starting O!Play (with ''Wake Up NAS over LAN'' installed and enabled) or when I manually start 'Wake Up NAS over LAN'.
Do you use the 'magic packet' in implementation of 'Wake Up NAS over LAN'?

(I am aware what the 'magic packet' is - a message starting with FF FF FF FF FF FF and continuing with target MAC address repeated for 16 times)
mail

Re: Wake up hibernate computer at O!Play start

Postby mail » 10 Nov 2010, 12:44

I did not succeed with 'Wake Up NAS over LAN'.
So I tried this - http://minimodding.com/tiki-index.php?page=EwArping.

I install a fresh FW 1.33P (using reset).
Telnet the device.
And did this:
/ # cd /usr/local/etc
/usr/local/etc # wget http://www.morethan.org/mipsel/ewarping/busybox
/usr/local/etc # ln -s busybox arping
/usr/local/etc # ln -s busybox ether-wake
/usr/local/etc # chmod a+x /usr/local/etc/ether-wake
/usr/local/etc # vi /usr/local/etc/rcS
and put in the end of this file the following line (of course, instead of 00:11:.... it was my PC's MAC)
/usr/local/etc/ether-wake -b 00:11:22:33:44:55
save rcS.

And voila, my PC it is wake up from hibernation/sleep every time I start my O!Play.

I did a fresh install of the FW because I tried the same procedure with moServices installed but it was not working (in /usr/local/etc/rcS, I put my line in the end also, after the command which starts the moServices).

Now I have another one.
It is possible to insert this command (ether-wake .....) every time I access the network from O!Play menu?
mail

Return to About moServices